Hey everyone, it’s Kimberly with Get Away Today and I’m excited to talk to about one of my favorite Southern California attractions, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Since its debut in 2016, Universal Studios Hollywood has become more magical than ever before. Whether you’ve never been or are a “Sirius” fan, you might have missed some details that make this place truly special. I’m excited to share five things you didn’t know about The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood. Grab your wand and keep reading to find out about some spectacular secrets.
5 Things You Didn’t Know about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey – Are you someone who gets motion sickness easily? Good news! This cherished attraction has been transformed from 3D to 2D, making it not as intense for those who wish to ride it. However if you don’t love thrills, you can still explore the Hogwarts Castle to experience all of the magic that lies within. Once the queue is almost over, you can let a team member know you’d like to leave. Or if you’d rather not wait in line, you can get a Castle Walkthrough pass. While you won’t be able to see everything that those in line do, you’ll still be able to experience the magic of Hogwarts Castle.
- Butterbeer – One of the most popular treats at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is Butterbeer. If you’ve never tried it, you HAVE to put this at the top of your to-do list. You can get this refreshing drink cold, frozen or even warm during the holiday season. You can typically find Butterbeer at carts scattered throughout Hogsmeade. Because of its popularity, lines tend to get long if you want to grab one. Instead of sweating it out in the heat, head over to the Hogs Head Pub instead. Here, you’ll find a shorter line and an air-conditioned room. Plus, you can also order Butterbeer with your meal at the Three Broomsticks. While you’re there, try to see if you can spot Dobby’s shadow lurking about the restaurant.
- Chocolate Frogs – Speaking of delicious desserts, another popular snack to get is a Chocolate Frog. Not only do you receive scrumptious milk chocolate, you also get card displaying a famous witch or wizard. It is just like it is in the books and movies. Something that you may not be aware of is that the cards change from year to year. What better way to welcome in 2018 than to add another chocolate frog card to your collection?
- Moaning Myrtle – Your favorite Hogwarts ghost is till around to haunt those who visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Whenever you take a restroom break, listen closely and you will hear her wails in the bathroom stalls, which look just like they do in the Chamber of Secrets. Although this is a small detail, it truly makes you feel like you are a student at Hogwarts!
- Voldemort – Although the Dark Lord has been defeated, there are still some who wince at his name. If you’re up for a dare, say the name “Voldemort” to any of the team members at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter to see what might happen. Let’s just say, “He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named” should stay unnamed.
How to get to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios
Now that you’re an expert of wizardry and witchcraft, what are you waiting for? Getting to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood is almost as easy as traveling by Floo Powder – especially if you live near the west coast! It’s located near downtown L.A. and only about 40 miles from the Disneyland Resort. It makes a great weekend escape, or a perfect addition to your already planned Disneyland vacation.
Be sure to call Get Away Today at 855-GET-AWAY or check out getawaytoday.com for Universal Studios Hollywood packages. We also have combo tickets that will save you even more when you combine your Universal Studios Hollywood tickets with Disneyland tickets. Not only will you get the best deal on your Universal Studios Hollywood tickets, but we also guarantee the best price on hotel stays as well. Because we love the Crafting Chicks, mention promo code CraftingChicks to get an additional $10 off your vacation package. Make sure to mention that The Crafting Chicks sent you!
Check out our other Harry Potter posts: