My husband and I went on an anniversary vacation to Kauai last year. It was amazing. One thing that I tried and fell in love with was the Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes. Everywhere we ate for breakfast I had to try the fun pancakes, but these by far were my favorite flavor combination. And don’t get me started on the Coconut Syrup. HEAVEN! Let’s just say I wasn’t counting calories. 😉
I wanted to recreate this taste of heaven for my girls when we got home. So I found this old family favorite pancake recipe and added in the bananas and chocolate chips. I didn’t even use syrup on these because they were so yummy.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 bananas, mashed
- ¼-1/2 cup chocolate chips (add in to your preference)
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the dry mixture and set aside.
- In another bowl mix the wet ingredients; egg, milk and oil. Add this mixture all at once to the dry mixture. Stir until just moistened. Batter may be lumpy and that's just fine. Add in your mashed bananas and stir. Add in the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour onto a heated griddle. I heat my griddle to about 325.
- Top with your favorite syrup, fruit or whipped cream.
Now I need to know what you would top these yummy pancakes with. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think the best pancake topping is. I’m gonna work on my coconut syrup recipe so I can share that later.
Here’s some other yummy banana recipes that we’ve shared.