I wanted to share this family favorite recipe. We have loved this one for a while and it is pretty simple and sneaks in a lot of vegetables.
Winter weather calls for soup in my book. I love having recipes that have lots of vegetables and are quick and easy to throw together. It’s also important to me that the ingredients not be something I have to search for. This recipe is great because I have everything in my food storage so I just get to shop at home. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 lbs ground beef
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 (10.5 oz) cans of beef consommé
- 2 cups water
- 1½ cups chopped fresh tomatoes or 1 (12 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 TBLS sugar
- 1½ cups fresh corn or 1(11 oz) can of corn
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated mozzarella or parmesan cheese (for topping)
- Brown ground beef and onion. In a large saucepan combine all ingredients except cheese. Cook uncovered until vegetables are tender. Add grated cheese to individual servings.