Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Energy Bites is an easy no bake recipe that is made with healthier ingredients and is gluten free. Great for snacks, breakfast or when you need a boost of energy.
Hello there! It’s Katie from The Casual Craftlete blog. Today I am taking a break from crafts to share a delicious and easy to make recipe. With fall just around the corner, I wanted to make a recipe with pumpkin and yummy spices. These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Energy Bites are the perfect little snack to get you going. They are packed with healthy ingredients and some sweetness and crunch from chocolate chips. It’s The perfect fall snack!
The thing I love about these pumpkin chocolate chip energy bites is that there is no baking involved. This is a super simple recipe that just about anyone can make using a food processor. I love to have a few of these energy bites stored in the refrigerator so I can just pop one or two out when I need to. They are great for a pre and post workout snack, afternoon snack when you are feeling groggy and an easy breakfast on the go. The pumpkin flavor with the warm spices and crunchy chocolate chips are so delicious!
The combiner of this recipe is Medjool dates. Dates are a fruit that have a large seed inside and are a good source of potassium. You can find dates in most grocery stores. For this energy bite recipe, first, you want to start by removing the seeds from one pound of dates or you can buy already pitted dates. Soak the dates in water for 10 minutes to soften them. Next, you add all of the ingredients expect the chocolate chips into a food processor and blend until smooth.
Once all of the ingredients are blended, fold in 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips. Now, you can leave the chocolate chips out if you want to be extra healthy, but I think they add a nice favor and crunch to the recipe. Plus, it’s not enough chocolate to ruin your diet. You have to indulge every once in a while.
After you have folded in the chocolate chips, place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up a bit.
Use your hands to form the mixture into small one inch balls. You should get approximately 15 balls out of this recipe. Store the energy bites in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- ½ cup pecans
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla protein powder (optional)
- pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Place the pitted dates into a bowl and cover with water. Let soak for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Place the pecans into a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add in the rest of the ingredients, including the soaked dates, except the chocolate chips . Pulse until combined. Continue to scrape the bowl until all ingredients are well combined.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips until combined. Place the mixture into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- Use your hands or melon baller to form the mixture into small 1 inch balls. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Thank you for letting me share my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Energy Bites recipe with you. I hope you enjoy the recipe and this beautiful fall season!