Hi friends – Keri from Shaken Together here! Well, here we are … smack dab in the middle of Summer and the Chicks’ super fun Mother Hen’s Summer Survival Series! Are you getting the “I’m bored”s or the “What can we do?”s from your kiddos yet? Well, if so, I’ve got a fun craft that will get your kids in the kitchen with no mess and no oven required … Mini Felt Pizzas!!
Aren’t they cute? We’re pretty obsessed with pizza in our house – it’s my Friday don’t feel like cooking stand-by and we love to make our own pizza, too. This mini felt version is even faster than take out and tons more fun! These mini felt pizza pies would be cute magnets for the fridge or a fun ‘quiet activity’ for church, meetings or appointments.
- Felt (beige, red, cream, white, green, brown, pink)
- Pinking Shears
- Craft Glue (optional)
- Magnets (optional)
There is a little bit of prep work to do before your little ‘bakers’ can make their pizzas. Depending on the age of your kiddos, they may be able to help cut the circles for the crust, sauce and cheese, snip the green felt for peppers and the pink felt for ham, etc. Some of the smaller details (small circles for pepperoni, onion rings and mini mushrooms) may be better left to an adult or older children.
Here is what I cut for the felt pizzas:
- Crust – beige felt circle
- Sauce – red felt circle with uneven edges
- Cheese – cream felt circle cut with pinking shears
- Pepperoni – red felt circles
- Ham – pink felt squares
- Sausage/Ground Beef – brown felt circles with uneven edges
- Green Peppers – green felt slivers
- Mushrooms – brown felt
- Onion rings – white felt circles with the center cut out to leave the outer ring
Feel free to get creative and make other felt toppings:
- Pineapple – yellow felt triangles
- Bacon – wavy red/pink strips
- Jalapenos – green felt rings
- Cheddar cheese – orange circle cut with pinking shears
- White sauce – white circle with uneven edges
- Olives – black felt rings
Assembly is easy! If you plan to make magnets, use craft glue to adhere pizza together. If you want to let your bakers make pizzas over and over, you don’t need to use glue. Felt will “stick” to itself and allow your littles to make tons of pizza combinations!
Need some ideas to go along with these super cute mini felt pizzas??
- Open an afternoon pizza parlor! Kids can take orders, prepare pizzas, serve customers and make change!
- Talk about shapes while discussing the circles, rectangles and crazy shapes that make up your pizza toppings!
- Talk about colors while discussing pizza assembly and build colorful pizzas!
- Brainstorm creative names for your pizza topping creations!
- Talk about the food groups and which ingredients are each in food group as pizzas are assembled.
- Make blindfolded pizzas and laugh at the crazy assembly!
Hope you and your family have a great time making these cute little mini felt pizzas! Speaking of pizza, here are a few of my favorite pizza posts from Shaken Together!
Deep Dish German Chocolate Cookie Pizza
This post is part of a 5 post series in our Mother Hen’s Summer Survival Guide. Be sure to check out the other activities, books, recipes and crafts as part of In the Kitchen Week.
Find all 12 weeks of themed activities, printables, recipes, and books in our Mother Hen’s Summer Survival Guide!
[…] Mini Felt Pizzas from Shaken Together […]