Whether you are counting down until midnight or cheering during the big game, these Mini Taco Cups are a quick and easy appetizer!
Hi my favorite Crafting Chicks readers! It’s Keri from Shaken Together and I’m back with another easy recipe! Now, I am huge fan of taco Tuesday. And taco Wednesday and taco Thursday and taco Friday … 😉 So, I knew I wanted to share a bite size version that is hitting our appetizer spread from here on out!
Mini Taco Cups
These really are easy to make.
First, you’ll need to make the wonton cups. They are made by brushing a wonton wrappers lightly with vegetable oil, pressing them into a standard size cupcake pan and baking at 375 degrees F until crispy. If you want more details, I’ve got a step by step post on how to make wonton cups.
Once the wonton cups are baked, all that is left is to fill them with all of your favorite taco ingredients:
- Seasoned ground beef
- Shredded chicken
- Shredded beef
- Sauteed onions & peppers
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Fresh Salsa
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Sliced olives
- Sliced jalapeños
The flavor combinations in these Mini Taco Cups are really only limited by how much you can pile inside each crispy little wonton cup!
- Crispy Won Ton Cups
- Taco seasoned ground beef (browned and drained), shredded chicken or shredded beef
- Your favorite taco toppings: guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced olives, jalapenos, etc.
- Chopped cilantro
- Fill each won ton cup with about 1 tablespoon of the meat of your choice.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and shredded lettuce.
- Top with a dollop of salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream.
- Add sliced olives or jalapenos to taste.
- Finish with a sprinkle of cilantro.
Don’t forget to pin this to your Taco Tuesday, appetizer or big game Pinterest board!!
More Game Day Appetizers!!