Hey there, friends! Keri here from Shaken Together with a fun no-bake treat that your family will love! I am channeling striped tents, lion tamers, tight rope walkers and clowns for this big top themed Circus Snack Mix!
With a mix of circus themed treats, this snack mix would be perfect to take along on a trip to the circus, for a Dumbo movie day or a big top themed play date! Come on in … welcome to the circus!!
Circus Snack Mix is almost too much fun in one no-bake snack! The kids can help with shopping and picking out the ingredients at the store and then help at home with the measuring, scooping, stirring and serving.
- Circus Peanuts
- Pretzel twists
- Kettle Corn (the pre-popped packaged kettle corn will stay fresh a bit longer than fresh popped)
- Frosted Circus Animal Crackers
- Round sour cherry candies (or any round red candies)
- When you are ready to serve, mix together circus peanuts, pretzels, kettle corn, frosted circus animal crackers and sour cherry candies in a large bowl.
- There are no specific measurements - just put together to your family's tastes!
- Serve in polka dotted cups, snow cone paper cones or even mini waffle cone bowls!
- Store any leftovers in an air tight container and eat within a day or two.
While small paper bowls or cups work just fine to serve this fun snack … serving Circus Snack Mix in mini waffles bowls ups the fun and cuteness factors x1000!
Wonder why I picked each ingredient for the Circus Snack Mix?
- Circus Peanuts (or substitute honey or dry roasted peanuts) – elephants, the stars of the big ring, eat peanuts and so do all of their adoring fans!
- Kettle Corn – popcorn is a classic circus snack
- Pretzel twists – soft pretzels are a circus staple
- Frosted circus animal crackers – bears, horses, lions and tigers have long time been featured at the circus. Feel free to substitute regular or chocolate animal crackers if you are not serving this snack mix immediately.
- Sour red cherry candies – these represent the bright red clown noses that children for generations have associated with the perky performers
What a fun way to get the kids in the kitchen and serve up some serious fun!
More Fun Kid-Friendly Treats!
Red, White & Blue Summer Snack Mix
Gwen Watson says
This circus snack mix is a great treat, even when not actually attending the circus! By combining favorite treats such as circus peanuts and animal crackers, it creates a snack that the whole family will love. I like to use a combination of chocolate and regular animal crackers to make the mix extra special.