We’ve hit the point of summer that I’ve exhausted all the quick and easy lunch ideas I have up my sleeve. If you’re in a lunch slump too you’ll want to mix up things up with Pesto Turkey Wraps. It is simple to make, but much tastier than the soggy ham sandwich you’ve been eating for lunch. The key to this recipe is the Pesto Mayo, which makes this wrap come alive.
- 10 - 8 inch tortilla shells
- 1½ pound thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1 head of lettuce chopped
- Pesto (recipe below)
- 2 cup Mayonnaise
- Combine Pesto and Mayo
- One tortilla shell at a time spread a thin layer of cream cheese. On the bottom half of the tortilla spread the mayonnaise. Place the rest of the ingredients on the shell and then roll. The cream cheese acts as a glue and seals the shell closed
- 3 large garlic cloves
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano, coarsely grated (2/3 cup)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh basil
- ⅔ cup extra virgin oil
- Use a food processor add garlic and nuts, chop, then add cheese, salt, pepper, and basil, then process until finely chopped. With the food food processor running, add oil, blending until incorporated.
To keep the wrap from coming unrolled, use cream cheese along the seam acting as a glue to keep the wrap together.