This post contains affiliate links.
I have long loved these rag rugs, but once I see the price tag I move away from them quickly.
I finally decided to make one!
Here’s what you’ll need if you want to make your own Rag Rug:
- Fold over the bottom 1.5″ of each of the strips.
- Snip a small vertical line into each piece of fabric.
- Take the three pieces of fabric you’d like to attach, and snip the same hole into those strips.
- Layer the attachment piece to one of the braided pieces, lining up the hole.
- Take the bottom of the new piece and slide it through both holes from behind.
- This will create a knot.
Repeat with each piece of fabric and then continue braiding.
Now to sew the rug together.
For more sewing fun check out these projects: