Crock-Pot meals are a must for me. There are just some days that you want to be able to throw something in and come home later and have dinner all done. This Chicken Enchilada Crock-Pot Casserole is a home run.
If you’re a Mexican food fan like everyone in our house, you might just have all these ingredients in your home right now. Otherwise, head to the store and gather all the ingredients, throw them in the crock-pot and you are all set. Before you know it dinner will be cooked and you’ll look like a hero. (Now where’s the mom of the year trophy?)
I like to serve this with a green salad and homemade ranch dressing. So yummy!
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed or shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10oz) cans green enchilada sauce
- 20 corn tortillas
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1½ cup sour cream
- 2 (4.5oz) cans peeled diced green chilies
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese mix (can use cheddar cheese too)
- Grease a 6 quart crockpot.
- Sauté the onion in 1 tablespoon of oil in a pot until translucent.
- Stir in soups, green enchilada sauce, sour cream and chilies.
- Heat until warm.
- Cut tortillas into bite size pieces.
- Layer in greased crockpot: sauce, chicken, tortillas, and cheese.
- Repeat 2-3 times.
- Cook on high 2-3 hours.
- This makes a lot so I will cut it in half if just serving my family.
This recipe makes a tons. So if I’m just feeding my family I will half it, only using one of can of the creamed soups. It doesn’t matter if it’s the chicken or the mushroom. I usually just use what I can grab quickest. We always have leftovers which is great cause this reheats nicely and is a great leftover, (even for the pickiest eaters).
If you’re looking for more dinner repines make sure you check out:
This post contains affiliate links for your connivance in purchasing items which we recommend and love.