I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how to raise my girls to have good morals and high self esteem when everything around us seems to want to tear and break people down.
Each Monday night our little family gets together and we have Family Home Evening. Through Pinterest I found a blog, A year of FHE, and Emilie has a lesson titled “Our Family.” I loved the lesson and found that it was just what I had been searching for as a way to get and keep our family on track.
As I was reading through the lesson, I found a list of Family goals and loved them.
1. Have family prayer every night and morning.
2. Teach children the gospel every week in family home evening.
3. Study the scriptures regularly as a family.
4. Do things together as a family, such as work projects, outings, and decision making.
5. Learn to be kind, patient, long-suffering, and charitable.
6. Attend Church meetings regularly.
7. Keep a family history, perform temple work together, and receive the sealing ordinances of the temple.
8. Follow the counsel of the Lord in D&C 88:119: “Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God.”
Now whatever religion you may be, the list above is a great guide to help keep your children centered and learning morals and values in the home. Things that you want them to know. If something doesn’t apply to you, skip over it or think up something else you want as a goal in your family.
So my challenge to you is to have a fun meeting with your family and make a list of Family Goals. I created this fun printable to help you once you have them written up. The Frame and House picture are from Crystal Wilkerson Designs.
You can just type in the file and print it out. Hang it up so everyone in the family can remember what you are striving to do.
Our offer from almost 2 years ago still stands too.